Complaints information

Complaints information

​​​Complaints against RTOs

The Training Accreditation Council (TAC) can investigate complaints about registered training organisations (RTOs) that relate to compliance with the Standards for​ Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.

For information about making a complaint against an RTO click here.

Making a complaint about TAC

Our aim is to provide a quality service to our clients with the aim of continuous improvement.

Complaints and feedback about ​​our services, ​policy or practices can be made verbally,​​ or sent in writing to:

Director, Training Regulation
​Training Regulation Directorate
​Department of Education
PO Box 1766, OSBORNE PARK WA 6916
Telephone: 08 9441 1910 

​​It is important that you provide as much detail as possible about your complaint, it may help us to respond to your complaint if you tell us what outcome you are seeking from your complaint.

​If you have not made a complaint to a public sector agency before, guidelines and information sheets​ available on the website of the ​Western Australian Ombudsman may help you.

Complaints about the conduct of staff and contractors

The Department of Education is the employing authority for staff and contractors performing Training Accreditation Council services. Complaints about the conduct of staff members or contractors are taken seriously by the department.

Enquiries and complaints ​about our staff or contractors should be made to:

Standards and Integrity Directorate

Department of Education

151 Royal Street

East Perth WA 6004

T: (08) 9264 4740

F: (08) 9264 4590

Complaints Advice Line: 1800 655 985


Making a Public Interest Disclosure (PID)

​​We are committed to the aims and objectives of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003​.​​

We recognise the value and importance of contributions of members of the public ​and staff to the improvement ​of administrative and management practices, ​and strongly support ​disclosures being made ​by members of the public ​or staff ​as to corrupt or other ​improper conduct.

​You can find out more by viewing the Department of Education’s Public Interest Disclosure Policy.

Officers within the Standards and Integrity Directorate are designated as the Public Interest Disclosure Officers for the Department. These officers are responsible for receiving disclosures of public interest information relating to matters falling within the sphere of responsibility of the Department.


You can also visit the website of the ​Public Sector Commissioner ​​if you would like further information about making a PID.

Freedom of Information (FOI)

Under the Freedom of Information Act 1992 (the Act), government agencies are required to assist people to make applications for access that comply with the Act. Under the Act, you have a ​right to apply for:

  • documents held by the department
  • your personal information contained in department documents
  • ​​​the amendment of your personal information contained in documents which you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading.​


FOI applications must:

  • be submitted in writing
  • provide enough information so that the documents requested can be identified
  • ​​​give an Australian address to which notices can be sent​
  • be lodged at the department with any application fee payable.​


​​Applications and enquiries should be addressed to the FOI Coordinator, Mr John Blahusiak, Manager FOI and Strategic Complaint Operations, ​​Corporate Governance and Strategic Resources. Email;, Telephone: 08 9441 1900​.


Further information on the FOI process is available in the Department of Education’s Information Statement.


You can also visit the website of the Office of the Information Commissioner​ if you would like further information about FOI.​ 

Last modified: 3/05/2018 9:54 AM