The Training Accreditation Council (the Council) is the Western Australian (WA) vocational education and training (VET) Regulator, responsible for the quality assurance and recognition of VET services in WA.
The Training Accreditation Council Secretariat (TAC Secretariat) supports the Council in the performance of its regulatory functions by:
- processing applications for registration and accreditation within agreed timeframes
- providing advice and assistance concerning registration and accreditation
- investigating complaints in accordance with the principles of natural justice and procedural fairness.
These Service Standards have been developed to publically state the level of performance you can expect when dealing with the Council and TAC Secretariat.
We aim to respond to all enquiries submitted to email@example.com within two working days.
Processing of applications
If you lodge an application with the Council we aim to acknowledge all applications within two working days of receipt.
Auditing and audit outcomes
When an audit is undertaken we aim to submit audit reports to training providers within five working days of the audit outcomes being considered by the Council.
Timeframes may be extended to accommodate audits of a large or complex nature. In these instances you will be informed of the new timeframes.
We aim to advise training providers and course owners within five working days of the outcome of any Council decisions.
Disputing audit findings
Should a training provider wish to dispute an audit finding we aim to acknowledge receipt of the dispute within five working days.
If you lodge a course accreditation or reaccreditation application with the Council we aim to:
- acknowledge the application within two working days of receipt
- conduct an internal review within 10 working days from acknowledgement of receipt
- submit a course accreditation report within 10 working days of the audit being accepted by the reviewer
- submit any evidence review report within 10 working days from receipt of additional evidence.
If you lodge a complaint with the Council we aim to:
- acknowledge the complaint and assign a complaint handling officer within two working days
- undertake an initial review of the complaint, and advise the complainant and respondent whether it falls under the Council's jurisdiction, within 10 working days of receipt of all supporting evidence
- complete an investigation of the complaint if required, and advise the complainant and respondent of the outcome of any investigation.
Where an audit is not required, we aim to investigate and finalise all complaints within 90 working days of lodgement with the Council.
Student record requests
If the provider that issued your qualification is no longer operating you may still be able to access your records (provided the RTO submitted its student records to TAC when it closed).
Should you wish to request an extract of your records we aim to provide a letter that includes your extract within 10 working days.
If you would like to discuss any of the services provided by the Council or TAC Secretariat, please contact us on (08) 9224 6510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of the TAC Service Standards here.
12/02/2019 3:12 PM