The Training Accreditation Council (the Council) is responsible for the registration of training providers delivering nationally recognised training to domestic students in Western Australia only, or in both Western Australia and Victoria.
The Council does not register or regulate providers in WA delivering nationally recognised training to:
- students in states other than WA and Victoria, including online delivery
- international students on a student visa.
Providers in these categories fall under the jurisdiction of the national regulator, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). For further information about ASQA, please visit ASQA's website.
Note, RTOs delivering nationally recognised training on Christmas Island must also be registered with ASQA.
Under a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between ASQA and the Council, the responsibility for course accreditation depends upon whether or not the course owner is:
- an RTO registered with the Council - must apply to the Council for accreditation
- an RTO registered with ASQA - must apply to ASQA for accreditation
- not an RTO - can apply to any course accrediting body for accreditation.
The Council can only investigate complaints against RTOs it has registered, and only in relation to compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015. If a complaint falls outside this jurisdiction, it may be referred to another body as appropriate.
For further information regarding complaints, please visit the complaints information page.
7/04/2015 9:13 AM